Saturday, March 1, 2008

Logging some Couch Time


Since I've been down with the flu, I've watched quite a bit of TV (well mostly the start of programs and then I pass out and miss most of the show, which is not usually a major loss). I have been able to watch the first season of "The Tudors" and it's pretty good. Of course, it's not entirely historically accurate, but for the most part it follows the life of Henry VIII fairly closely. Costumes are beautiful, the acting is good and the plot can't be beat! Waiting for poor Anne B. lose her head...
I also enjoy this kooky channel called 'Something Weird', which shows 'school scare' films from the past and other fun stuff from my childhood. I especially liked the film on the School Safety Patrol. Bet you all didn't know I was a Patrol CAPTAIN in 5th grade at Maywood Hills! Power, my friends, power.
Now if The Office would just come back with some new eps, I might survive this flu bug.

6 comments:

Katie said...

yay for the Tudors! love the trashy history!

Laurie said...

you can't get much more soap opera-y than Henry and his 6 wives

Unknown said...

I'll definitely be purchasing the new season on iTunes!

Meg said...

Did you guys get to go to Seattle Center when the year was up? We did when I was a Maywood Hills Patrol (don't think I ever made it quite to captain, but trust me, I wrote A LOT of pink tickets...especially to those I hated). Hope you're feeling better, the flu is a doozy this year.

Katie said...

I am sooo jealous of you guys for doing Patrol! Although i did get to be a crossing guard in 5th grade, it wasn't nearly as cool as being able to give out "tickets"!!! darn it...

Laurie said...

not to mention you got to wear a BADGE! woot woot, the power!