Thursday, July 4, 2013

Ouch

Have I mentioned I have GOUT?  As Jon told me, "that's what old prospectors get!"  So call me Gabby Hayes.  It's totally not fun, very painful in the joints. Mine tends to flare up in my fingers/knuckles rather than the old-fashioned big toes. 

So I'm not always helpful in the house remodel, but I do manage to cripple around most every day, fetching tools and whatnot if nothing else. I'm drinking cherry juice this morning (supposed to help break down the uric acid crystals) and icing various body parts. We have a big work weekend planned, so I need to get fixed fast!

House is coming along. We put cabinet doors back on and added knobs -- they look great, totes worth all the hard work. Katie and Tony have been muddying and sanding drywall like crazy, not a fun job. Our resident Paint Expert Cara is planning to do some exterior painting in preparation for the new windows (coming next week). And it's blistering hot, just to add another level of misery. I think this is the phase where everyone despairs that anything is actually going to get finished, but after this weekend we should be patting ourselves on the back for all the hard work


8 comments:

Sue said...

ooooowwwwy! We'll just call you Jinx - he used to have gout all the time - not from bacon huh?

Laurie said...

Jiggs, I think? I hardly ever eat bacon so guess that's not it :-)

Sue said...

oh yeah - Jiggs - you knew what I meant . . . .

Laurie said...

I did know, that was the worst comic ever!

Lis said...

I heard if you lay on your back with feet on the wall it helps. But you have to lay with your legs elevated for 20+ min...

Laurie said...

I'm willing to try anything at this point!

zaideafraidey said...

whats the diff between gout and arthritis? I get the same at times in my knuckles, it does hurt.

Laurie said...

Gout is a form of arthritis. The symptoms are different tho. If you get a flare up, you know it's gout. Very painful