Saturday, February 19, 2011

All Kinds of Awesome

Katie is my hero (you too Peeps, for providing the cable service), she recently figured out how to get Netflix on the wii. 

So I have learned how to use a wii controller (kind of, I still have the old lady shakes when I try to point the damn thing) and have all kinds of great stuff in our 'queue'.  Most of which wouldn't interest anyone else in the slightest (think a whole list of Ken Burns documentaries) BUT we have added these to our Must See TV list:

1. Dexter Season 1 (I was pretty creeped out on the first ep, but I'm hooked now)

2. The British "Office" with Ricky Gervais.  Brills.

3. One of my all-time favorite movies "Big Night", which is super hard to find and expensive on dvd, but voila! On Netflix.

4. "Pillars of the Earth" miniseries.

5. Some PBS shows that I enjoy so will save them for when Lulu and I are home during the day (she does love her British programs): Miss Marple and "Downton Abbey".  We'll be totes ready for Kate and Wills' wedding after watching these!

2 comments:

Meg said...

You lost me at Pillars of the Earth miniseries...thank goodness it was the last one;). Netflix is phenom...and you have it on Wii...lucky ducks. Please talk the B into it...she still rents at B-Buster, and they are all going out of business. You know little Miss Elbow Grease...if it's to easy and convenient, she wants no part in it.
Dexter...LOVE!!! Wanted to name Carson, Dexter. Ry said we couldn't name our son after a murderer. Hello, he only murders murderers...so not bad.

Katie said...

Dexter is a great name - i always picture a little boy missing front teeth and wearing glasses. adorable. you need to quit listening to Ryan. although i suppose it's too late now...