Monday, July 26, 2010

Almost Made It!

The boys have been playing "Slug Bug" for the past few years, and up until this summer, I've managed to keep secret the 'punch' part of playing. (When you see a VW Bug, you yell "Slug Bug" and slug the guy next to you). 

ONE MONTH with the Manny, Jon, and they are slugging each other mercilessly.  Makes car trips a real pleasure :-)

One more Jon anecdote: I walked in the other morning to find them eating breakfast and listening entranced while Jon regaled them with stories of all the people he's seen who are dead...with gory details.  Of course, they LOVED IT.  And were real disappointed with me when I wasn't able to add my own memories of impaled, decapitated, squashed, and/or mangled bodies.  I've lived a sheltered life, I guess.

4 comments:

Sue said...

when is he going to tell them about bandanas hanging out of the back pockets of jeans??? Sheesh!

Meg said...

When has Jon seen all of these dead people...Katie and I know way more corpses than Jon!!! You should add on 'two for flinching' with the slug bug punch.

Laurie said...

evidently working on a construction site w Jon is a potentially fatal move. And I'm having enough mayhem w/o 2 for flinching thank you very much. I'm still recovering from the liver shot Mikey gave me this morning while we were on a walk.

Katie said...

i agree Meg - we've probably got the number beat, but hearing that someone died of cancer isn't nearly as exciting as getting a pole through the neck... your stories might be better though.