Sunday, March 14, 2010

WORST E-Bay Purchase EVER


I'm doing a little spring cleaning today, and found this, my worst ebay purchase EVER.

When Dan Wilson retired, I thought it might be fun to get a memento of his career as a gift (I think it was going to be for you, Katie). Went on eBay, and found "Dan Wilson Game Worn Jersey". Won it with a ridiculously low bid (or so I thought).

Here's what I won! A laminated card with a snip of white cotton claiming to be a PIECE of Dan's jersey. LOL! I kept it as a reminder that it pays to read those descriptions CAREFULLY.

9 comments:

Katie said...

LOVE it. such a classic ebay purchase that turns out to be totes lame.

Laurie said...

Can I still give it to you? Your birthday is coming up :-)

Unknown said...

How dare you give such an amazing gift to your last-born daughter. I think Cara and I are going to have to fight her for it. Plus, I still think we need to make it into a magnet for the fridge.

Sue said...

and what a lovely pic of our beloved Dan . . .

zaideafraidey said...

can't wait for Meg to see this post, she loves "winning" things on ebay.

Meg said...

Oh this is one of my all time favorites. I have ordered a seahawk shirt before, and it said small. I thought size small. It meant really small, like barbie doll small. Needless to say, I didn't wear it to the game, but did keep it in my pocket. That's the best part about ebay...it's kinda like a grab bag.

Katie said...

love that story Megs... and glad you didn't get mad about the shirt, but took it with you to the game anyways. and WTF is up with that ebayer not making it clear - i think anyone would assume "small" means SIZE small. LOL

zaideafraidey said...

they wanted top sell the freakin thing people... beware of false advertising AND never go for the grab bags (haven't you heard the family snake pit story???)

Laurie said...

not to mention Ostie's Grab Bags! Which I'm sure are top sellers at the sidewalk sale.